In an effort to reduce waste and create a more eco-friendly environment Animal Medical Clinic started Going Green back in 2011! If you’ve been with us for a while, you know we used to use paper files.
Our entire reception area was nothing but bookcases of patient files!
Going paperless has significantly reduced the amount of paper we used. Additionally:
- We only print when it’s necessary
- We have paper recycle bins all throughout the hospital.
- We have switched all our light fixtures to energy-saving LED bulbs
- Large windows to let in natural light
- Our doctors use cloth gowns instead of disposable ones,
- We use Energy-Star appliances
- We set our thermostats to 78 degrees when no one is working in that zone
- Turn lights off when there are no patients or staff in that zone.
- We reuse paper by using the backside of it for internal memos
- We don’t use disposable cups
We encourage every business to do what they can and start small if they have to. We do our best to make realistic changes that can easily be incorporated into our daily activities. If you have any suggestions it would be great to hear!